At GLEEHD, we strongly believe that the economic development of Africa lies in its own hands. And this can only be achieved if entrepreneurship and agriculture is harnessed. Through the Economic, Entreprise and Trade Development (EETD) platform, we foster investment and partnerships between governments and businesses both locally and internationally.
Apart from strengthening young Africans to create new business ventures as a way of salvaging Africa from lingering poverty, through EETD, GLEEHD helps in searching for funds for existing entrepreneurs.
How we are making change happen
Trade Delegations: Getting a level playing ground for international partnership on trade and investment has always been a challenge for African business concerns. It, therefore, becomes imperative to foster a mutually benefiting partnership that will aid business growth in Africa. In view of this, we organize international exchange and business delegation programs that aims at providing capacity building, training and business mixers for African and foreign entrepreneurs for international business and economic development.
Investment Forum and business roundtable: We support and organize investment forums and business roundtables where vision, activities and processes for investment in sustainable development are discussed. We also organize monthly diplomatic engagements events with diplomatic organizations such as embassies and high commissions. This provides a platform for interaction and discussions between entrepreneurs/investors and diplomatic trade and economic departments on collaborative international business partnership.
Capacity Building for Small and Medium-scale Enterprises (SMEs): We support value creation in SMEs through capacity building. Our work in development circles have also thought us that results improve when capacity building is linked to SME access to markets and finance. We are also helping subsistence farmers grow into commercial farmers. We also regularly organize various Entrepreneurial training for Entrepenuers, SME owners and Student.
Vocational Skills Training: We acknowledge the fact that skills are essential for poverty reduction, economic recovery and sustainable development. That is why we are working on the development of vocational skills, in a bid to foster entrepreneurship and self-reliance as strong tools to reduce unemployment in Africa, end poverty and ensure Sustainable Livelihood and Social Justice.
Developing Nigeria’s Creative Economy: With the Nigerian entertainment industry garnering international recognition, undeniably, the creative industry has come to stay and possess the capacity to create jobs and wealth for young people. GLEEHD has been advocating for more support from the government. We are working with partners in hosting series of events to brings together stakeholders in the industry and the government to fashion out ways to bring about development in Nigeria’s creative industry. In Nigeria, in partnership with other organisations, we are building capacities of Creative sector professionals and exposing them to international opportunities
Here are some of our achievements in Economic, Entrepreneurship and Trade Development:
- We facilitated the Nigerian Trade Delegation to London and Sheffield February 2013 in partnership with UK Trade and Investment, Sheffield United Football Club, British Deputy High Commission, and GOLDMERE UK; and have since facilitated various other delegations to Europe and North America year in year out.
- We host a regular Women in Business and Leader Group at our Dream Center in Nigeria and an annual Women in Business and Leadership Summit that empowers and inspires thousands of women.
- We organized skills acquisition programs, seminars and workshops to arm business owners, through the support of Nigeria’s Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Nation Builders Nigeria and many other NGOs
- We organised various Leadership, Enterprise Development and Capacity building programs across Africa.
- We organized various Enterprise development training program for African Youths in Diaspora.
- We organized an Executive Leadership and Enterprise Bootcamp for Emerging Leaders from Africa in London and Sheffield.
- We successfully hosted the Lagos Summer Entrepreneurship Program in partnership with other organisations.
- We Launched the GLEEHD Business and Leaders Forum – an initiative that have facilitated various opportunities for Business and Public Leaders both in Africa and her Diaspora.
- We successfully opened the Dream Center Lagos – a lifestyle and resource center which houses our Africa Secretariat and also host a Business Incubation Center and a Co-working space for SMEs. The Dream Center also offer round the year programs for Entrepreneurs and Business owners including a business clinic.